Dunn Rush & Co. is seeking highly qualified, motivated and experienced individuals committed to pursuing a long-term career in middle market investment banking. Dunn Rush & Co. is an investment banking boutique located in downtown Boston, specializing in sell-side mergers and acquisitions. We focus on privately held, family-owned, and small publicly traded companies across a range of industries, typically ranging in enterprise value from $20 million to $250 million.
Candidates should have or be completing their MBA degree, however candidates with 2+ years of experience as an Analyst at an investment banking firm will also be considered. You will play an integral role on our team, providing quantitative and analytical support primarily for mergers, acquisitions, and other financial advisory services. This position will work closely with founding partners of the firm, team members and clients during all stages of transactions, developing both the execution and client skills required to be an effective senior banker. After a three- to four-year period, Associates are expected to have core responsibility for executing transactions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building and managing detailed and accurate financial models including transaction comparables, public company comparables, discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, and other valuation analyses
- Creating client marketing presentations, information memoranda for sale assignments and management presentations
- Identifying and researching strategic and financial buyers
- Attending client meetings
- Coordinating and supporting transaction due diligence
- Developing and maintaining CRM and marketing databases
- Assisting in the preparation of valuation and financial advisory analyses
- Creating marketing materials for the firm
- Assisting in the development and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Managing interns and/or directing project work of junior team members
Job requirements include:
- A strong work ethic, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- Knowledge of general accounting and finance principles
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- The ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- An MBA or Masters in Finance from a top-tier school, or alternatively 2 – 3 years of experience as an Analyst at a reputable investment banking firm
- A working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Compensation for this position will include salary and bonus opportunity consistent with middle market boutique investment banking firms.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume to the contact listed below.
Aaron Naisbitt, Vice President
What Clients Are Saying About Dunn Rush
I was approached by multiple potential buyers and knew I needed help to navigate the process while continuing to run my business. Dunn Rush was instrumental in organizing the data room, managing the bidding, facilitating negotiations, maintaining positive communications, maximizing the sale price and getting it over the line. I highly recommend Kevin and Greg.
The Dunn Rush team skilfully guided us through the sale process resulting in our achieving maximum value for our division, Moeller Marine Products. They ran their 2-stage competitive sale process which resulted in us receiving multiple initial offers which were then winnowed down to the top few interested buyers. We met with those buyers and supplied additional information and Dunn Rush then had those buyers compete against one another which resulted in our achieving very favorable terms and an outstanding valuation.
I had never been involved in the sale of a business before, let alone my own. I hired Dunn Rush & Co. to assist me through the process because of their extensive experience in helping similar business owners. Kevin and Greg prepared us well for the task, anticipated events and issues, negotiated hard and delivered superb results. They know what they are doing and do it well!